Friday, November 24, 2017

Postcards for the weekend 62: Books/reading/authors

DE-5984055, Sent from Saarbruecken, Germany
Sent 14 Feb 2017, Traveled 10.396 km in 7 days

This painting is called Der Philosoph (Der Leser im Park) by Carl Spitzweg. In English, The Philosopher (The Reader in the Park). I really like this postcard with the excellent lighting focused on the subject of the painting.


DE-5935734, Sent from Germany
Sent 29 Jan 2017, Traveled 10,423 km 5 days

Another painting for this weekend's theme. This painting is called Portrait of Maria Adelaide of France in Turkish Costume by Jean-Etienne. The lighting on this postcard is also very nice, coming from behind her.


I'm keeping this post short for now and I'm off to bury myself in the pages of my novel, Shantaram by Gregory David Roberts.

Happy weekend,
~maria



2 comments:

If you like what you saw, please let me know: